[Public-List] insurance

gewhite at crosslink.net gewhite at crosslink.net
Thu Mar 31 04:48:26 PDT 2022

   I am insured by Met Life (Metropolitan Property & Casualty Insurance
   Co. ) and my premium is $224 a year. $20,000 casualty on the boat and
   $500,000 liability/pollution. Have not had a loss since hurricane
   Isabel - blown-out genoa jib. Had a tornado loss - bent mast - back in
   about 1992 when she was docked in Annapolis on the Severn. Never have
   been asked to have a survey. She is now located in Deltaville, VA at my
   own pier

    - Gordon White

   Brigadoon II, # 275

   I've been insuring with Safeco for about $750 a year for $15,000 -
   $500,000 coverage, partly because the marina that launches me every
   year requires me to make them additional insured. Now Safeco wants a
   survey every two years because the boat is 30 feet and more than 15
   years old. Anyone have a lead on a better deal?
   Greg Bover
   A-30 #114
   PENSIVE FLYER
   Gloucester, Mass.
   ------------------------------
   Message: 2
   I've been very happy with Erie Insurance...had it for many years
   On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 11:42 AM Greg Bover via Public-List <
   [4]public-list at lists.alberg30.org> wrote:
   > I've been insuring with Safeco for about $750 a year for $15,000 -
   > $500,000 coverage, partly because the marina that launches me every
   year
   > requires me to make them additional insured. Now Safeco wants a
   survey
   > every two years because the boat is 30 feet and more than 15 years
   old.
   > Anyone have a lead on a better deal?
   >
   > Greg Bover
   > A-30 #114
   > PENSIVE FLYER
   > Gloucester, Mass.

   Mike Lehman
   End of Public-List Digest, Vol 4289, Issue 1