[Public-List] steaming teak comment

Kris Coward kris at melon.org
Fri May 6 08:52:38 PDT 2022

The drying thing seems to be pretty important; I was doing a bit of
research on stem-bending when doing my own rail repair a few years ago,
and found at least a few references telling me to stay away from
kiln-dried lumber if I was getting teak to bend it. Something about the
heat of the kiln causing more bonding/cross-linking/whatever in the
wood's lignin, and teak being dense enough for this to cost even more
flexibility than it would with other woods.

-Kris

Kris Coward					http://unripe.melon.org/
GPG: https://latacora.micro.blog/2019/07/16/the-pgp-problem.html