[Public-List] A30 Fuel tank

Michael dickdurk at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 04:38:24 PDT 2023

https://www.moellermarine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Open-Stock-Fuel-Tanks-rev2-2082016.pdf

It's the liner boats that have tanks under the sole. 1967 era boats
don't apply. I went with a 19 gallon saddle tank installed against the
STBD hull, in the locker. Cleats hold the tank forward against the
bulkhead (keeping it rigid laterally), It rests on the small shelf (a
small piece of wood makes a platform), and a block of wood thru bolted
through the shelf in a clamping action on the bottom lip of the tank aft
holds it all in place. Hard to describe, but stupidly simple. the OE
tank sits on glassed in plywood, grind all that off and the sail locker
is completely useful, except the throttle/shifter has to be allowed for.
On Checkmate, you can't even tell the tank is there, except for the
Racor filter and fuel line I installed suggests something going on. I
rarely fill the tank full-only on extended cruises, and with all the
other stuff loaded on I don't notice weight so far off the center line
affecting trim. A smaller tank is probably more sensible, depending on
preferences.
Michael Grosh