[Public-List] A30 stuffing box hose

Jason S kk4mex at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 16:50:33 PDT 2023

I'm replacing the packing and started looking at stuffing box rubber hose
to stern tube. The yard recommended replacing the rubber hose. It appears
that the rubber hose is covered by some sort of putty or goo. I can only
see two front clamps. Anyone else see this one their boats? It all seems to
be original from 1967.
How long is the prop shaft in A30 with Atomic 4 approximately?
The yard said I'll prolly have to replace the bronze 7/8" shaft. This is
because they said it would easier the cut the shaft than try and get it out
of coupler....I'm not to sure...I may try and get it out of coupler before
cutting it.

thank you