[Public-List] A30 stuffing box hose

Jason S kk4mex at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 11:24:55 PDT 2023

ok guys, thank you for all the input.
I got everything out of the boat, cutlass housing, stern tube, shaft.......
I believe I had a leak at the stern tube- rubber hose connection. when I
got it out there was what appeared to be tape/sealant or compound on stern
tube to make up the difference of hose ID and stern tube OD.
there was this clay stuff that completely covered the entire stuffing
box....I assume because of the leak.
anyway after an hour or so of digging to go to back clamps, loosened them
and removed the stuffing box.
When I went to remove the cutlass housing the stern tube spun and cam out
with housing. So now it's completely apart.
I took stern tube to machine shop, he is going to sleeve it to 1 1/2" like
the gland nut assembly.
just picked up new Buck-Algonquin hose, headed to another place to get 4 t
bolt clamps

On Tue, Mar 28, 2023, 1:18 PM Mike Lehman via Public-List <