[Public-List] Gooseneck Track

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Fri May 19 14:14:47 PDT 2023

Hello Greg,

The gooseneck track is an important part of setting the mainsail.  When the sail is furled, the gooseneck drops down to the bottom stop of the track.  When hoisting the main, you haul away until the halyard is all the way up, the last foot of hoisting picks up the boom and gooseneck to some point along the short track.   Once the halyard is secured, you use the downhaul shackled to the loop on the bottom of the gooseneck casting to pull the sail down setting good luff tension (or not, if you don’t want more tension).

There should not be various sized mains… all should be built to class specifications.

Gordon Laco
426 Surprise
705-527-9612