[Public-List] Alberg 30 mast supports and winter cover

Anders Bro abro.gtu at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 15:58:05 PDT 2023

I tried the water filled milk jug idea one year - not a good outcome.
Living in Maine, the jugs froze and split. When still frozen they beat on
the hull and tore the green "heavy duty" tarp when the wind picked up. Then
on warm days, or at least when the sun was shining enough, the ice melted
and drained out of the milk jugs. I have had better luck using bungee
cords, although I have to keep an eye on them as they will degrade and tear
apart at times. I saw one construction that I might try this year in which
the tarp in a tent-like configuration overhangs the toerail, without
bearing against the toerail, thus preventing wear of the toe rail or the
tarp in the blustery winds. I also really like the idea of using the mast
as the ridge, but supported appropriately so as to not have any protrusions
against the tarp (thus reducing abrasion wear).
Anders

On Sat, Sep 9, 2023, 6:16 PM John Irving via Public-List <