[alberg30] Re: gelcoat color match

jsss at net1plus.com jsss at net1plus.com
Thu Aug 13 06:00:43 PDT 1998

From: jsss at net1plus.com

>From: <A30240 at aol.com>
>
>Joe
>
>Not a gel-coat match, but I have found that the Brightside "Hatteras off
>white" makes for a good color.  It is light enough to not get hot, yet does
>not give a glare like most real whites.  It is actually a very mild cream.
>
>Jim Davis
>Isa Lei
>240

Jim,

We used the Hatteras Off-White on the hull of #114. It came out beautiful
(except for some mild blushing).  I think if we were to paint the decks (in the
not-so-near future) we would use the Hatteras off-white on the non-skid and a
bright white on the rest of the cabin-house.  I saw a picture of Carnival Lady
(#17?) with this color combination and really liked it.  We are still dreaming
of a new gel-coat on hull and decks though, altough the price would be
outrageous...

Regards,

Chris Sousa (mate)
Carina Vela