[a30] [alberg30] Non-members (fwd)

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at min.net
Thu Dec 3 05:56:04 PST 1998

From: George Dinwiddie <gdinwiddie at min.net>

Lee,

I think this discussion is more appropriate on the members-only list.

I wouldn't want anyone to buy the boat (or any boat) just because
they weren't aware of flaws that it might have.  On the other hand,
I don't want to scare people who aren't aware that all boats are
compromises and all boats have "weak spots."

Last night I got the idea of making the maintenance manual available
to prospective boat owners for $60 and include a coupon good for $35
off the membership fee with an expiration of one year.

As for a slimmed down handbook: There's a lot of good in that idea, but
the printing cost would eat us up.  Currently I mail a letter
describing the Association, a short history, and an application to
A30 owners who inquire.  I think that these could use some updating,
but I don't have the time right now.  It would be great if Rona
would like to look into this.  I could send you a copy of the current
package, if you want.

The racing and cruising schedules are on the web site.  The racing
trophies probably aren't of much interest to most people outside
the Annapolis area.  I'd like to put the class rules online, but
haven't gotten around to typing them in.

<SIGH>  There's just too little time.  Between work, working on the
boat, picking up the membership responsibilities from Skip Hallam,
and the incidental stuff like the holidays and the housework, it's
hard for me to find two minutes to rub together.

 - George

  George Dinwiddie                                  gdinwiddie at min.net
  sailing.          http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Alberg30/