[alberg30] Re: Refinishing Cabin Sole

J.Sousa jsss at net1plus.com
Sun Dec 6 06:38:12 PST 1998

From: "J.Sousa" <jsss at net1plus.com>

Greg,

That is actually where our new breaker panel is.  Last winter we made the box and a
teak panel to cover the front of it. It though-bolts right into the cockpit locker.
The wiring is much cleaner this way and is very concealed. Look at the rewiring page
(...rewiring.html) and you can see where we led the wires through the box.  The front
panel looks great with a few coats of varnish, and provides more functionality than
the original perko switches.  Unfortunatly, we haven't taken any pics of the galley
since then, so you really can't see how the finished product looks.  The box also
houses our battery switch and bilge pump switch.  We will be installing a volt meter
there this year.

Regards.
Chris