[alberg30] Re: cabin

Gordon E. White gewhite at crosslink.net
Sun Dec 6 00:11:12 PST 1998

From: "Gordon E. White" <gewhite at crosslink.net>

Greg,
    Maybe that single foldup step on the side of the icebox (port side)
came with at least the early boats as mine (275) had one. It just got in
the way so I took it off. My boat has three teak steps (I think they are
teak) on the nearly vertical panel that gives access to the engine. They
fold up on hinges to give access to the space under the sink which in my
boat is starboard side. The panel lifts out, in fact had nothing to hold
it but gravity and friction when I bought my boat. I put brass slide
catches to keep it from going adrift. It has been my impression this was
standard at least up to # 275. There is another small, removable, set of
steps that hang above the little counter that forms the top of the
engine housing.
                        - Gordon White