[alberg30] Re: in hull transducer

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Thu Dec 10 10:20:31 PST 1998

From: FINNUS505 at aol.com

Hi guys,
I don't know if I did a very bright thing, but at the last boat show I was at,
Atlantic City, Feb. 98, I saw a knotmeter in  which the transducer glues to
the out side of the hull, and an internal sensor is glued 'somewhere in the
vicinity', ie; it does not have to be directly over the external transducer,
inside the hull. I was attracted because I would have to drill no holes in my
already  hole ridden hull, or build the oil resevoir. In other words, I was
feeling lazy.

The transducer is a propeller style, so I'll have to paint it, and keep it
clear of slime to keep it accurate. It seems very delicate, too. But if I
remember correctly, it was about 120 dollars, so I thought it would be worth a
try. I don't have the brand name here. I ordered it through J and E in
Florida, I beleive.

We'll see.
Lee