[alberg30] Re: Origo Stoves

Marjorie Goettle mgoettle at erols.com
Fri Dec 11 15:07:30 PST 1998

From: Marjorie Goettle <mgoettle at erols.com>

Bob,

Our old stove was flush mounted.  We wanted this one to be gimbled.  I
remember Bill measuring and deciding that the gimbled Origo would not
fit, so I guess you are right.  That is why we went with the flush
mount. I do not remember any more details.  Whether it was the depth or
the top measurements, I don't remember.  I will ask Bill if he remembers
tonight.  I know that the flush mount Origo that we bought is slightly
shorter than our old Homestrand pressure stove.  I do not know if they
are made in several sizes, as we did not research it too carefully after
the fire.  We just knew that we wanted a non-pressurized Alcohol stove,
and wanted it then.  We rejected propane because of the work involved in
making a safe separated locker.

Guess you are like us and want a gimbled stove for offshore.  We have a
small "Sea Swing" that uses small propane cylinders that we use
offhsore. Of course, our longest non-stop offshore passage so far has
been only 2 1/2 days.  For longer stuff, a gimbled stove is the only way
to go.

Marjorie Goettle, Jubilant #435