[alberg30] Re: projects in progress !!

Sutherland tomsu at uky.campus.mci.net
Thu Jun 4 08:50:15 PDT 1998

From: tomsu at uky.campus.mci.net (Sutherland)

Lee & Others.........

        I am also in the process of doing many things. I have completed the
barier coat and it really looks great ! I am now in the middle of cleaning
and recoating all teak both above and below. I am using "Armada" on the
exterier and so far am quite pleased with it. I am not sure what I will use
below. The teak below looks a bit dark and I need to lighten it up somehow.
        Also have replaced and restored all four of the large cabin
windows. They really turned out great ! I must now do the smaller ones
because they look so bad by comparison. If anyone is interested I will be
happy to share the direction I went on my window work.
        I too am interested in an access hatch in the cockpit sole. I have
one in there now , but it is not of the quality I would like and it leaks
appreciably in a heavy rain. My cut-out is 10x14 and I have been unable to
locate a quality hatch to fit the opening.........I really do not want to
enlarge the opening any .
        I also plan on replacing the laminate on the interier surfaces and
am not sure what must be done to remove the top of the ice box. I have
looked at it and it is not real clear to me exactly must be done to remove
it. any advice would be appreciated.
        I could go on for sometime but must really get to work ! I also
would be glad to hear from any and all projects in progress !

Tom Sutherland
A-30 # 412
"InCahoots"
Lexington Ky.