[alberg30] Re: drain to bilge and access to engine

A30240 at aol.com A30240 at aol.com
Thu Jun 4 18:36:28 PDT 1998

From: <A30240 at aol.com>

Frank + Bill

There should be a limber hole  (drain ) in the after bulkhead, just froward of
the sump.  It may be clogged with who knows what, including Canadian wood
shavings.  If there isn't one you could cut one with a keyhole saw.  The
location is a bit rough to work in, but you should make sure there is a drain.
As to the access through the port deck locker, I did it to Isa Lei and it's
great being able to get to the back of the engine.  I used a saber saw and
just cut the hole.  I saved the inner piece, and by using a couple 1x3 pine
battens, can replace it when I don't want it open.

Jim Davis
a30240 at aol.com