[alberg30] Re: atomic 4 & stuff

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Thu Jun 4 13:43:51 PDT 1998

From: <FINNUS505 at aol.com>

Also.....
The previous owner cut a hole, about 18" by 12" in the forward end of the
inboard for and aft bulkhead of the stbd locker, presumably to gain access to
the stuffing box and back of the engine. But even lying IN the locker, I could
barely get my hand on the stuffing box, (and that's ONE hand), and I could not
reach the engine. The cockpit sole is too close to the bottom of the boat to
allow a taller access hole to be cut. That is why I went with the access panel
in the cockpit sole. Consider this, and measure carefully before you do any
cutting! You may end up going with the cockpit access panel in the end any
way, if you really want access.

Regards,

Lee