[alberg30] FS: [Sail] 1967 Alberg 30, US$16,500 obo; So. FL USA

Steve Weingart shw at gate.net
Wed May 27 15:48:39 PDT 1998

From: Steve Weingart <shw at gate.net>

Well folks, unfortunately we have to get out of the sailing game for a
while...
Someone can come on down here to FL, grab a good A30 and already be just 60
miles from the Bahamas (where we wanted to go, but a new business shoots
all plans for a few years...maybe we'll fly over and charter again...)

Cheers,

Steve

Alberg 30 #280 Wyvern

Full keel cruiser

Great Boat! Great shape!

Picture at: http://www.gate.net/~shw/wyvern.jpg
More pics available on request

Features:

The interior is all original oiled hardwood, vinyl covered cushions,
cloth covers for setee cushions.  The interior is in great condition
(much better than usual), and includes book/chart racks on the bulkhead.

The deck is solid, no spongy spots.  Toerail, trim and coaming in solid teak.
The teak has been finished in Superdeck Marine (like Armada).

Sails:

   * 2 mains (one boom main cover, newer main has jiffy reefing, older is
roller)
   * 4 jibs (storm, working, #2 genoa(~150%), #1 genoa (~180%), all in bags)
   * Spinnaker (light air, hardly used, Red, White & Blue)

Sailing gear:

   * Boom end sheeted main with traveler
   * 2 cockpit mounted primary winches (3 handles)
   * 1 mast mounted jib/spin halyard winch
   * jib tracks on toerail
   * Assorted blocks
   * Boom vang
   * Spin/whisker pole
   * Sheets for all sails.
   * New lower shrouds (98)
   * Mast step rebuilt (recommended by owners assoc)
   * Mast beam sistered with 2 X 1/4" steel plate (recommended by owners
assoc)
   * Wire to rope main and jib halyard, all rope spin halyard

Instruments:

   * Knotmeter
   * Depthsounder (Standard)
   * VHF (Apelco)
   * GPS (MicroLogic)
   * Compass

Engine:

   * Atomic 4
   * Rebuilt '91
   * Runs great
   * New (97) Rebuilt manifold, new dry exhaust plumbing, hoses &
   * New electric fuel pump with low oil pressure cutoff switch
   * 12 gal steel tank (Tempo)
   * Well maintained

Electrical:

   * 15 amp dual output charger (with twistlock shorepower cable)
   * 25 watt solar panel with dual output regulator (on taffrail)
   * 35 amp alternator rebuilt in 96, solid state regulator, battery isolator.
   * Dual 100 amp-hr batteries (as two banks) late 96
   * Shorepower Electrical panel with breakers
   * 12V Electrical panel with breakers
   * 12V interior lighting
   * AM/FM Cassette Stereo with speaker in the cabin
   * All required CG nav lighting plus spreader lights.
   * 2 Nicro solar powered SS vents

Safety:

   * Horseshoe on taffrail
   * Lifesling on taffrail
   * 6 lifejackets, flares, dye, flag, airhorn
   * Flat webbing jacklines

Ground Tackle:

   * 20 lb Danforth
   * 25 lb CQR
   * 2 rodes (150' & 200' X 5/8" nylon plus 12' X 5/16" chain for each)
   * asst. shackles

Galley:

   * Alcohol stove
   * SS Sink with manual fresh and seawater pumps
   * Ice box
   * 35 gal freshwater tank
   * Magma all SS propane grill, mounts on stanchion

Plumbing:

   * All bronze through hulls with ball or tapered bronze plug valves
   * New head (WC Headmate)
   * Holding tank
   * Holding tank exits to Y valve to deck pumpout and manual pump to seacock

Misc:

   * Asst docklines
   * SS swim ladder
   * asst spares, bulbs, clamps, etc.
   * records, manuals, Alberg owners assoc manuals, atomic 4 manuals
   * clock/temp/RH in saloon

Dinghy: (optional $250 extra)

   * 8' fiberglass with sail & oars, it's cute but it's too heavy (135 lbs)

We have loved owning and sailing Wyvern, she's a great boat, classy,
seaworthy, comfortable.  We are selling her because I started a new business
which will leave no time in the next few years for enjoying a boat. So it's
somebody else's chance to get to enjoy Wyvern.

Price $16,500 obo

Steve and Pat Weingart
shw at gate.net
(561) 392-6100