[alberg30] Re: Mothballing an Alberg 30

RABBIT649 at aol.com RABBIT649 at aol.com
Tue Nov 17 22:38:13 PST 1998

From: RABBIT649 at aol.com

Thanks for your obviously experienced advice. I have a system that, If I would
implement it fully, would work.
I built a frame from electrical conduit with Key Klamps and I shrink wrap over
it. Bought my own gun and it withstands everything.
I drilled an 1-1/4" hole in the heel of the boat and installed a "land drain",
which, after I dry out the obvious water, I plug up and put a small amount of
alchohol in the low point of the bilge (under the engine). Alchohol is
hydroscopic, as you know, and will suck up any free water and then eveaporate
away. Unlike Acetone, it will not hurt the GRP.