[alberg30] Inner Stay

alberg30 alberg30 at planet.net
Wed Nov 18 07:56:47 PST 1998

From: "alberg30" <alberg30 at planet.net>

Lee/ Gordon:

I've considered the inner stay idea also. But what I want to know is who's
gonna be the first to try this?

Also, I would assume that a permanent inner stay would disqualify an A30
from racing with Assoc. rules. What if its detachable? Any penalties?

How would you detach it?- but still get the necessary tension?

PS-"I'll ask a dumb question..."
Forgive my ignorance, and I am not joking-but what exactly are "running
backstays" in layman terms. Is that an extra set of backstays, or backstays
that are run thru blocks, or two backstays run port and starboard? I looked
thru some of my ref books and I'm missing a good explanation.

Joe
#499 "One Less Traveled"