[alberg30] Re: Westerbeke

Gordon E. White gewhite at crosslink.net
Sun Nov 8 04:51:24 PST 1998

From: "Gordon E. White" <gewhite at crosslink.net>

Tom,
    I love the Westerbeke if only for the lack of gasoline in the boat,
which I consider a hazard. Also, without spark ignition I think it is
more reliable. I'm even thinking of getting a hans crank in case of dead
batteries.
    HOWEVER, if you ever have to do any work involving the wiring
harness (at least with mine) be careful. My harness did not compare
exactly with the diagram in the manual. I will discuss this in more
detail with you via individual e-mail if you have need to work with it.
I am having correspondence with Westerbeke and do not want to discuss it
all in public until I get a response from the company and am sure of
what I am talking about.
                                        Gordon White