[alberg30] Re: Gudgeon/pintle system

Richard Hurt rhurt at metro.net
Tue Nov 10 20:05:18 PST 1998

From: Richard Hurt <rhurt at metro.net>

Stephen,

Thanks for the info concerning the supplier in Washington.  On closer
inspection, the upper gudgeon/pintle on #531 is a split gudgeon which
"clamshells" around the pintle in the rudder.  After removing the gudgeon,
the pintle is not as worn as first expected, and I might get away with
installing a nylon bushing to take up some of the slop.  The pintle appears
to be set in resin in the rudder.  Would appreciate hearing from someone
who has been able to remove and replace the pintle from one of these later
boats.

Rick Hurt,