[alberg30] Re: Gudgeon/pintle system

greg vandenberg fashionguy at ameritech.net
Mon Nov 9 10:34:52 PST 1998

From: greg vandenberg <fashionguy at ameritech.net>

Stephen...

				when you replaced your pin with the 3/8 threaded rod ... were you able to
do this with the rudder still in the boat?  Better... can it be done with the
rudder in the boat. Seams it might be the only area of the rudder I need to
repair. Soooo... I would have to have enough clearance under the rudder to
drill and run a tap? Or is there already a hole for the existing worn pin or
was it all cast at the same time. #312 sits on a trailer with about 12" of
clearance, I could find a little more if I put her on a ramp.  What's your take?

Kindest regards,
greg vandenberg