[alberg30] Re: Mast Strength

Gordon E. White gewhite at crosslink.net
Thu Nov 12 00:00:59 PST 1998

From: "Gordon E. White" <gewhite at crosslink.net>

Paul,
    The mast question suddenly makes me wonder about the new mast put on
my boat after the tornado of 1995 bent the old one. If I recall
correctly, the old extrusion was no longer made. Something else was
adapted to fit. It certainly looks like the old one, though a lot more
shiny. Read Biegel of Severna Park, did the replacement and he might
have something to offer on A-30 masts. I have no quibble with Read over
his workmanship or materials, just wondering what new masts' specs are.
                                                            - Gordon
White