[alberg30] Re: what's that tang on my mast?

Gordon E. White gewhite at crosslink.net
Mon Nov 2 11:43:49 PST 1998

From: "Gordon E. White" <gewhite at crosslink.net>

I kinda thought that an inner forestay NOT for heavy weather use would
be ok on the mast but the rigger talked me out of it for the time being.
He's a very conservative guy. I know just enough engineering to be
dangerous. Maybe for my self-tending jib I could run the stay very close
to the head of the mast. Just thinking out loud, the Triton, which is
kind of a small Alberg, is a fractional rig (easiest way to tell the two
apart at a distance). I wonder just how its stays are rigged. There's a
Triton moored out a couple of miles from me where Rt. 3 crosses the
Piankatank Rive. I guess I'll drive over there with binoculars and see.
                                Gordon White