[alberg30] Re: Alberg 32

Pat Lymburner patlym at inforamp.net
Sun Nov 15 08:23:50 PST 1998

From: Pat Lymburner <patlym at inforamp.net>

There are several Alberg 29's sailing on Lake Ontario,  in particular
around the Toronto area.  In fact,  there is one berthed next to our
A-30 at Ashbridge's Bay Yacht Club.  They were sold as "kit" boats and
assembled by their owners so that they have a lot of different
configurations.  I understand that they are,  in the Alberg tradition,
very sea kindly,  excellent handling vessels.  In addition,  there are
also several yachts called Alberg 22's which share our sail symbol and
the general shape of the 30.  It is my belief that they are also
designed by CA.  The A-32 is interesting.  I would be interested in
seeing a picture of it.  The only other Alberg I have seen is an Alberg
34.  It was while we were cruising in the Thousand Island area about 12
to 15 years ago and there was one which at a mooring we shared for the
evening.  The owner was from around Belleville I believe and the
interior was a "work in progress".  As I recall,  he said that there
were plans to build more of them but that this was the first.  In any
event,  it was a wider design than one would expect from Alberg and it
had a lot more deck space.  I don't have any other information and this
may only serve to confuse the issue,  but,  there it is.

Patrick Lymburner.
Mynx2  #410