[alberg30] Re: Cockpit sole access

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Fri Nov 20 16:43:52 PST 1998

From: FINNUS505 at aol.com

Hi Gordon,
We must have different models of Bomar hatches. This one has two dogs on the
outside.
One thing I was not thrilled with after I installed the hatch is that it does
give under foot, and I was worried that some lubber jumping into the cockpit
might break it, or go through it. So temporarily, I fitted a piece of 1/2 inch
plywood over it, with cleats on the underside to raise the ply just above the
hatch. Ultimately, I am going to build a cockpit grating to protect it. The
real answer, of course, is to go with the aluminum hatch, not the plastic one,
but they are very expensive, and looked harder to install.
Take care,
Lee Trachtenberg
Stargazer #255