[alberg30] Re: Cockpit sole access, used boat gear dealers?

Gordon E. White gewhite at crosslink.net
Sat Nov 21 23:45:55 PST 1998

From: "Gordon E. White" <gewhite at crosslink.net>

Lee,
    My Bomar, 18 x 18", has been in use for at least 10 years with some
flex but no problems. As I may have said, I have this teak grating kit,
all the notches cut so it would go together like Lincoln Logs, that I am
not going to use, if anyone is interested. Asking $100. (Cost me a bit
more than that!)
    I just got the Edson catalog on steerers, etc. I guess I am going to
see if I can find some used parts, as to buy the steering pedestal,
wheel, sheaves, idler, engine controls, that hoop-like rail pedestal
guard and a small, very small, teak table, runs about $2,100, list.
Anybody know if West Marine or Boat U/S sells Edson stuff at a discount?
Or where I can find a used one?
    I know about Bacon Sails Inc. in Annapolis, that has used sailing
stuff, but isn't there also a used boat equipment place in Solomons
Maryland? Any others?
    If anyone has the name of the place in Solomons I'd appreciate it.

                                                            - Gordon
White A-275