[alberg30] Re: Inner Stay

J.Sousa jsss at net1plus.com
Sun Nov 22 07:31:47 PST 1998

From: "J.Sousa" <jsss at net1plus.com>

Joe,

I don't know if this has been addressed yet, so I'll give it a shot. I believe
that running backstays come down from about mid-way between the spreaders and
the mast-head and can be either adjustable or fixed.  They would probably be
fixed just abeam of the cockpit on the aft gunnels.  If they were adjustable,
chances are you would have a block setup similar to a topping-lift, with the
wire terminating on the mast.
    I don't no how you would use the fixed running backstays, it seems to me
that they would interfere with the boom on beam/ downwind reaches.  Just a
thought.

Regards,

Chris Sousa
Carina Vela