[alberg30] Re: Bilge

Gordon E. White gewhite at crosslink.net
Sun Nov 22 12:33:50 PST 1998

Well, my boat, Brigadoon II, # 275, has the same bilge. I discovered an
inaccessible sump under the battery box that simply cannot be gotten-at
without cutting away the bottom of the battery box. It seems to be open
at the back, where the steps pull out to get access to the engine. My
bilge pump is down in there. I don't know if there is another level
below that. I can just - just reach the bottom of it by lying down and
reaching at full-stretch for lost tools, down in the oily mess. I don't
think there is anything to be done about it.
                                    - Gordon White