[alberg30] Diesel's on Alberg 30's

Michael Rouse MICKEYROUSE at prodigy.net
Tue Oct 20 15:20:19 PDT 1998

From: "Michael Rouse" <MICKEYROUSE at prodigy.net>

About two years ago I replaced the Atomic 4 on my A-30 "La Brisa", hull 589.
I changed to a Westerbeke 30-B3. I go on record as saying that this engine
is quieter, smoother and more reliable than the semi-reliable A-4. And it is
definitely not smellier, if the installation is properly done. Granted,
diesel engines can be all of the above, but the new light weight engines
have none of the adverse attributes.
But they're not cheap. Installed, the total cost was about 9 grand- and I
did all the work myself.
But if repowereing is a consideration, you would do well to think of the new
diesels.

Mickey Rouse
"La Brisa"