[alberg30] V-berth Hatch Window

Fri Oct 30 07:19:47 PST 1998

Guy,

I don't know of any of the newer boats (with the fiberglas hatch)
that have put in a transparent panel.  The older boats came with
wooden hatches and quite a number of them have gone this route.
I'd guess that many of those hatches needed rebuilding, anyway.

Personally, I'd be rather wary of cutting up the existing hatch.
That's rather hard to reverse if things don't go as well as
hoped.  I'd be more inclined to build a new hatch cover, either
wooden or fiberglas, to replace the original and keep the
original in case I wanted to revert to it.

What ever you do, be very carful so that you avoid leaks.

 - George

  George Dinwiddie                                  gdinwiddie at min.net
  sailing.          http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Alberg30/