[alberg30] Re: wheel steering for A-30

Guy Lalonde guy.lalonde at sympatico.ca
Mon Oct 19 20:12:26 PDT 1998

From: "Guy Lalonde" <guy.lalonde at sympatico.ca>

Gordon,

on Cyrena (# 466), the wheel steering pesdestal is intalled 14 inches from
the forward end of the cockpit floor (to the center of the pedestal post).
The wheel
itself is 21 inches from the forward end of the cockpit floor. I find this
arrangement
still allows me to have easy access to the winches.
The wheel diameter is 22 inches and as mentionned previously it can make it
a little
difficult to get to the cabin, but otherwise it`s fine. The center knob on
the wheel
identifies the unit as a Cinkel. The Cinkel documentation provided by the
previous owner
shows it as a "System 376", but the 376 was crossed out and 476 was hand
written
in its place (???). The type of installation is called a "Quadrant System".

Hope this helps.
Guy   guy.lalonde at sympatico.ca