[alberg30] Re: what is this? big teak thing

Pat Lymburner patlym at inforamp.net
Tue Oct 20 08:09:18 PDT 1998

From: Pat Lymburner <patlym at inforamp.net>

It sounds like the piece of teak is probably a table for the cockpit as
described by the owner.  However,  on our boat,  #410,  we have a plank
that we sometimes use for trips to the Thousand Islands or,  for that
matter,  even to Toronto Island.  It allows us to utilize a stern anchor
and "bow on" to the shore as close as possible.  The plank is then used
to walk down to the shore.  Because of the angle of the bow,  the plank
needs a "hook" at an abrupt angle in order to lock it over the top of
the rail.  I have seen several unique variations of this theme and in
fact,  our current one is a folding aluminum piece which locks into the
bow roller for our anchor and extends to about 13 feet.  Because of its
size,  we only take it when we know we are going to need it and we stow
it on the deck.

Just some thoughts.

Pat Lymburner,
Mynx 2,  #410,  A.B.Y.C.,  Toronto.