[alberg30] Re: Diesel's on Alberg 30's

Gordon E. White gewhite at crosslink.net
Sun Oct 25 10:42:56 PST 1998

From: "Gordon E. White" <gewhite at crosslink.net>

My Alberg had just had a Westerbeke diesel installed when I bought it in
1991. No idea of the cost or what it added to the value, but I was not
going to buy a boat that smelled of gasoline when I stepped aboard, so
that eliminated half the Atomic fours I looked at. I feel the diesel is
worth it for the safety if one has to re-power or rebuild anyway. I had
an Atomic Four in another boat years ago and it was nothing but trouble.
The Atomic Four is old, weak and getting more costly to fix. I really
like the closed-system cooling of the Westerbeke.
                                    Gordon White A-275