[alberg30] Re: Diesel's on Alberg 30's

greg vandenberg fashionguy at ameritech.net
Sun Oct 25 16:58:10 PST 1998

From: greg vandenberg <fashionguy at ameritech.net>

Gordon:   Bathtub Mary's atomic 4  is starting to sound very special.  We
can get a little odor but not scenes i started using the fuel line shutoff
valve. A safe thing to do on most accounts. It was explained to me some place
along the way ... a rule of thumb, so to speak. If you are planing on doing a
lot of motoring then the Atomic 4 can be considered a dinosaur... on the other
hand if you primarily  use it to supplement your sail power then you have a
great little power plant. What did you mean when you said the Atomic 4 is
weak? I have trouble considering a 30 hp power plant... weak. Isn't power a
product of the prop? Two blades verses 3 blades or something? I don't have to
consider tide or currents in the great lakes which might change my mind if
that came into play. To me the Atomic 4 reminds me of those old tractor
motors... those old flat heads are still running. Maybe i'm just jealous?