[alberg30] Re: fresh water damage

RABBIT649 at aol.com RABBIT649 at aol.com
Thu Oct 29 05:41:25 PST 1998

From: RABBIT649 at aol.com

Dear Gordon,
	That's a great idea. I hadn't thought of it. As for the damage to FRP issue,
I agree salt is part of the normal environment, but pure salt on the deck is a
very high concentration. And with crazing of the gel coat... I don't know.
	What do you know about the effects of laundry bleach? I don't even know what
it is chemically. But I have been told it arrests rot in wood by killing the
organism.
	What have you heard about that and, of course, about the effect on FRP?
Anyone?
	Another issue with any treatment is how does it effect the repairability of
the wood it's put into: glueability, painability, stainability, etc.
Regards,
Paul