[alberg30] Re: holdingtanks

greg vandenberg fashionguy at ameritech.net
Fri Oct 30 07:15:35 PST 1998

From: greg vandenberg <fashionguy at ameritech.net>

Gordon...   I think I might prefer the hard tank installation. Do you know the
specs. for the hard tanks that the assoc. ordered...  also if there were any
installation tricks that one should be aware of .

2nd question... I have never been happy with my fuel (10 gal hard tank)
location... high in the starboard cockpit locker at the forward bulkhead. Is
this standard. ?  Do others have them in other locations (lower please)... how
are bladder tanks for fuel storage? Is there a preferred location else where
in the boat? and... do others have the problem where the tank will not except
the fuel at anything but a trickle. I have a hard time at the fuel dock
because most pumps want to put out about 20 gal's a minute and Bathtub Mary
despite her ruff and tumble name is... after all... a lady. (ha ha)    I have
thrown a new vent hose at this problem also.