[alberg30] Backing down

Robert Kirk kirk at neptune.gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Sep 17 09:29:37 PDT 1998

From: Robert Kirk <kirk at neptune.gsfc.nasa.gov>

I received this letter about the impossibility of backing
down an Alberg and will print it in the next issue of the
MAINSHEET. I'll also synopsize any comments I get here
in the next couple of days. Have at it.

Bob Kirk Isobar #181
========================

"Dear MAINSHEET

I am a proud owner of #353, Grog (2 parts water, 1 part
rum).  I have a problem I want to share with the Association.

I have no control when reversing.  As I leave my dock, I never
know whether I will back to port or to starboard.  Forget
going straight backwards.  Is this a problem I have to live with?

 I've never had a boat that behaved like this.  Is there a special
way to steer perhaps?  Maybe it is a prop problem.  Would you
please ask a member who has experience w/reversing control
to do an article on props and reversing pointers.

John Koedel
Richmond, VA"