[alberg30] Re: Resealing above the ballast

Richard Johns Richard.Johns at valley.net
Mon Apr 5 19:37:51 PDT 1999

From: Richard Johns <Richard.Johns at valley.net>

Tom, My A 30 had this problem when I bought it 12 years ago. I used a hand
held grinder to cut back the fiberglass tab around the perimeter of the
opening in the second bilge opening from the bow. This also groung away the
previous repair attempts and rust blooms. I ground what i could reach in the
forward opening which was not in bad shape. a good cleaning and then epoxy
saturated cloth resealed the ballast.  A second coat of epoxy and then paint
has made the comparment a nice home for my tool boxes.

Rich #104 Ecola