[alberg30] covering for decorative ropework

alberg30 alberg30 at planet.net
Fri Apr 16 21:47:37 PDT 1999

From: "alberg30" <alberg30 at planet.net>

I have some decorative ropework on my bow pulpit and on some handrails and
such down below. The rope is poly cord with-I think- a cotton outter shell.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a liquid covering to "paint" over
this? I have tried varnish but it hasn't set up quite right. Would some
kind of polyeruthane work better? Maybe even paint, but what kind?

Thanks in advance

Joe #499
One Less Traveled