[alberg30] Re: covering for decorative ropework

Tom Sutherland tomsu at uky.campuscw.net
Sun Apr 18 06:15:25 PDT 1999

From: Tom Sutherland <tomsu at uky.campuscw.net>

Joe ... I covered the wheel  on my previous boat with the same kind of line as
you describe.  I painted it with white polyurethane paint. It will take
several coats if you desire a gloss finish , as the line will need  to soak up
several coats to become saturated. I preferred the gloss because of it's
ability to resist dirt  (especially for the wheel).... Hope this helps.

Tom S