[alberg30] prospective A30 buyer

msherwood at bldi.com msherwood at bldi.com
Thu Apr 22 08:12:18 PDT 1999

From: msherwood at bldi.com

My husband and I are considering purchasing a 1968 A30 we have found completely stripped down and partially abandoned. It is in need of quite a bit of work, including replacing sails, some fittings and woodwork and refinishing of the hull.  Before committing to the restoration, I am interested in finding out a little more about resources available to us.  I am particularly interested in suppliers of materials, parts, etc. and a resource for having our many questions answered.  We (and the boat) are located in Michigan.
Any information would be extremely helpful.  I am hoping that enough support is out there to make the restoration of this boat feasible for us.
Thanks.
Molly Sherwood