[alberg30] Re: Internal transducer bubble mounts- anyone used them?

sunstone sunstone at idirect.com
Mon Apr 5 10:36:00 PDT 1999

From: sunstone <sunstone at idirect.com>

Thomas:

I agree with Russ, but in addition, when siting the transducer put it in
a plastic bag filled with water and put it in the area you want, then
move it around against the hull until you get the strongest signal.
When you are satisfied that the spot on the hull you've chosen gives the
best signal mark the spot on the hull and glue up the PVC making sure
you have a good seal.   Add mineral oil and voilà.

Q: Why the bag of water?

A: To find any voids or air bubbles in the laminate which would
degrade    the signal.

Ours is sited to port of the centre line by about 6-8" under the "seat"
(ha!) between the V berths.

Fair winds,

J B,  Sunstone KC-65