[alberg30] Re: removing paint

alberg30 alberg30 at planet.net
Mon Apr 26 21:43:52 PDT 1999

From: "alberg30" <alberg30 at planet.net>

I have to second the oven cleaner idea. I used that on One Less Traveled
#499 in 1996 and had great results. It takes lots of elbow grease but there
appeared no damage to the hull or gelcoat. Just remember not to use more
than a light nylon scouring pad (the green kind) and dont rub too much in
one place. Big circles over and over and over and over and over......

----------
> From: Michael Stephano <mundo at visi.net>
> To: alberg30 at onelist.com
> Subject: [alberg30] Re: removing paint
> Date: Monday, April 26, 1999 11:16 AM
>
> From: "Michael Stephano" <mundo at visi.net>
>
> I just changed the name on my boat and had good results with easy off
oven
> cleaner. It took 2-4 applications but it wiped right off and did not
damage
> the finish. I would recommend a test in a discreet area (under the toe
rail)
> to be sure it does not damage the finish.
>
> Michael Stephano
> Onancock, Va.
> SAIL FAST / LIVE SLOW
> http://www.angelfire.com/va/MUNDOSAIL/index.html

> Looking to expand your world?
> http://www.ONElist.com
> ONElist has over 115,000 e-mail communities from which to chose!

G-SHOCK SPORTS WATCH - Built Tough! Built Cool! G-SHOCK keeps you in
Sync!  Shock Resistant and Loaded with Features!  Electo-luminescent,
Satisfaction Guaranteed*No-Hassle Returns*Only $69 Free Freight in US
          http://www.onelist.com/ad/shoptheglobe6