[alberg30] bomar hatches

Dick Filinich daf at mobiletel.com
Mon Aug 9 17:23:47 PDT 1999

From: Dick Filinich <daf at mobiletel.com>

Tom:Don"t get me started on hatches again,Ha!Ha!Seriously the hatch I
installed gave the access room to rear of engine I wanted and at first I
thought problem solved.Your right this hatch I bought with west marine
should not be used in cockpit for a rough person.I put it to the test
and it failed,I've managed to crack the plastic on the inside at
hinge,and there is leakage.Live and learn.Eventually I'll change this
plastic bomar with something better.Hamilton marine page 125 has a cast
alum. hatch#c4t1416 might make a good replacement,if the cutout is
larger then my existing one.$318.75 whew!One of those old salts on the
mailing list warned against plastic hatches in the cockpit!This is a
decision for you alone,its only money,a tough boat needs tough hardware:
Good luck Dick Fillinich Galliano,La."High Spirits"#191

ONElist members: don't miss out on the latest news at ONElist
Join our community member news update at