[alberg30] Exhaust noise

SandersM at aol.com SandersM at aol.com
Thu Aug 19 16:08:14 PDT 1999

From: SandersM at aol.com

TO THE LIST:

I had to replace the exhaust system aboard WILD ELF.  She runs with a 1985
Universal, 23hp, and the exhaust is cooled by raw water run through a sleeve
around the exhaust pipe.  the old pipe/sleeve had disintegrated, and my yard
had a new piece custom-forged at great expense to me.  (Alas.)

With the new pipe installed, the engine operates properly ... but now she
sounds like a Cigarette when revved  up much beyond an idle.  Does anyone
have any suggestions as to how to muffle the beast?

Sanders McNew
WILD ELF (# 297)
New York City

ONElist announces "FRIENDS & FAMILY!"
For details, including our weekly drawing, go to
http://www.onelist.com/info/onereachsplash3.html