[alberg30] Ariels.....and Meridians

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Sun Aug 22 11:16:26 PDT 1999

From: FINNUS505 at aol.com

Hi Paul,
I'm with Russ on this one...you will enjoy an Ariel.  She has a big boat
feel, lots of room, and is an excellent, stiff sailor.  the main is big, but
with slab reeefing, very manageable.  As nice as the Electra is, and they are
very  nice, they are more rare, and hard to find.
another choice in this size is the Rhodes Meridian. 25 feet or so, they were
built in Holland to very high standards, and imported by Seafarer. Phillip
Rhodes gave them slightly longer overhangs and less displacement than the
Albergs, and they are very fast and light on their feet. they are also more
tender, so fordeck work requires more hanging on, which you may  not be
looking for now. But they are very pretty.  You can get a nice one for about
5 grand.
One more- 26 foot Tripp Sailstar. very much like an Alberg. Very solid hull,
similar price range.
There is also a 24 footer with a deep, long keel. I cant think of the class
name right now, but the symbol on the main is an ancient Trojan helmet. I've
seen a few-very seaworthy, but fast, too.
Boat shopping is so much fun.  If you buy  anything with a fin keel or after
1970, dont tell me about it.:)
Lee
Stargazer #255

ONElist:  your connection to people who share your interests.