[alberg30] PHRF QUESTION

greg vandenberg fashionguy at mailhost.kal.ameritech.net
Mon Aug 23 07:25:13 PDT 1999

From: greg vandenberg <fashionguy at mailhost.kal.ameritech.net>

This past month Margo and I have entered "Bathtub Mary" #312 in 2 different
friendly races in the area. We being new to racing our Alberg have not been
concerned with rating and handicaps... until now! The skipper of a boat we
raced with handled everyone's handicap on his handy dandy computer program and
came up with the PHRF rating of 263 for the first race and we came in 2nd with
jib and main. In the 2nd race we were told that he had guessed at the 1st
rating and chose a rating of 250 in the 2nd race which placed us 5th in that
race. Our finish placement is not the issue in the situation because the
conditions were so different... I just added it for intrigue.

QUESTION: What is the approx. rating we should be racing with?

Regards- Greg

ONElist users:  YOU can win a $100 gift certificate to Amazon.com.
Check out the FRIENDS & FAMILY program to find out how.