[alberg30] Diesel conversion

Tom Sutherland tomsu at uky.campuscw.net
Mon Aug 9 02:09:46 PDT 1999

From: Tom Sutherland <tomsu at uky.campuscw.net>

Dick ... Thanks for the "blow by blow" on your engine installation. Can you
say a bit more about the "Bomar hatch" ... I know this subject has been
raised before but I am still planing on replacing my "cheap" Bomar hatch
with a "Cast Alum" one ( also Bomar ) but have yet to do so. The cast alum
one is about 10 times as much as the "poly-carbonate" one but the Poly one
which was on my boat leaks like a sieve !  Bomar tells me that the P-C
hatch is defiantly not designed to be used in a cockpit floor.

Tom S
A30  #412

Dick Filinich wrote:

> From: Dick Filinich <daf at mobiletel.com>
>
>  .......Before I converted to
> diesel I had installed a bomar hatch in cockpit sole to access rear of
> engine and stuffing box,this was a plus to installing new engine ......

ONElist:  the best place to EXPLORE topics, SHARE ideas, and
CONNECT to people with the same interests.