[alberg30] alberg 25 ???

RABBIT649 at aol.com RABBIT649 at aol.com
Wed Aug 18 02:37:00 PDT 1999

From: RABBIT649 at aol.com

Thanks Scott. Sounds like a nice boat. I've never seen an Electra, although
I've seen plenty of Ensigns.
If you ever want to sell it, let me know, although my inclination in an under
30' boat is towards an open cockpit. When daysailing, I really don't spend
that much time below in the 30 and certainly wouldn't if I didn't have full
headroom.
Do you know if Triad makes a trailer for the 30 and how much they get? How do
I get in touch with them?
Regards,
Paul

In a message dated 8/17/99 11:30:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tristan at one.net
writes:

> From: Scott Wallace <tristan at one.net>
>
>  Paul,
>
>  We have a 1963 Pearson Electra, the original cruising configuration of what
>  later became the Pearson Ensign with a larger cockpit and small cuddy
cabin.
>  We
>  bought a new TRIAD trailer for our little Electra...it has a handsome
> looking
>  double step cabin house, low headroom below decks but really twin berths
> about
>  6' 5" in the main cabin and a small V-berth forward with a marine head
below.

>  It also has a built in cooler with a removable top - it is located behind
> the
>  nice mahogany ladder that leads up to the bridge deck...The Electra also
has
>  mast head rig with deck stepped mast...We really love our Spindrift - we
> sailed
>  her in 6' seas and 20 knot winds on Lake Erie many times last summer and
> often
>  were only acompanied by a Swede 55 and a Pearson 35!  She has the same
hull
> as
>  the Ensign and sails like a dream!!!!
>
>  Scott Wallace
>
>  RABBIT649 at aol.com wrote:
>
>  > From: RABBIT649 at aol.com
>  >
>  > Yes Lee, I remember now you discussing the A22 with someone who'd seen
one
>  > for sale. Your discussion comprises all I know to date of the A22, having
>  > never laid eyes on one myself.
>  > In re your comment that there are several Commanders in your area. I had
>  > chance to buy one of those for $2000 and the same situation:bad timing.
> Now I
>  > own the 30, and I love it but don't get the use out of it due to time and
>  > health and thought I might be happier with a big daysailer like the
> Commander
>  > or even an Ensign, especially if there was a trailer involved. I'd
> appreciate
>  > it if you'd send me info on any you see for sale. No rush. Just toying
> with
>  > the idea.
>  > Thanks,
>  > Paul
>  > Ashwagh #23

How do you enter ONElist’s WEEKLY DRAWING for $100?
By joining the FRIENDS & FAMILY program.  For details, go to
http://www.onelist.com/info/onereachsplash3.html